[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 472: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2975)
ReelBadMovies • View topic - Gummo

Gummo

Discuss movies here. Only one thread per movie, and no off-topic posts.

Gummo

Postby Steve on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:53 pm

Steve

Re: Gummo

Postby admin on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:15 pm

I don't know about the rest of you, but I found this movie to be an absolutely brilliant account of life in white trash America. For example, the scene where the young cowboys shouted racial slurs, pretending to shoot the child dressed in a bunny hat was an absolutely inspired allegory of the plight of Muslim-Americans following 9/11. The scene where the male twins washed each other in the bathtub was, obviously, meant to be a scathing indictment of the fear of gay marriage in this country, while the mentally retarded woman shaving her eyebrows off symbolized the denial of global warming trends in conservative America.

The director receives my kudos for his inspired design of the white trash mise-en-scene, and the actors were absolutely spot-on with their portrayal of... OK, I can't keep up this joke anymore. This movie blew cats.

I give it negative nine out of negative ten, but only because I don't want to have to revise my scale later when (I know the day will come) a movie actually makes me gouge my own eyes out.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Individual Movie Threads